Monday, March 26, 2012

Embarrassing Baby Huey one outing at a time...

S and I had a movie date with her fellow unemployed friend (to be referred to as B. for the remainder of our blog postsJ) Friday night.  We went to see This Means War.  Such a great movie! 

We invited Mama C. and Baby Huey along since Papa C is working out of town this week, meaning Mama C can be coerced off the Plantation for a few hours each day.  

The movie started at 9:40pm and obviously, we were late.  Anyone who knows our family knows that S is ALWAYS at least 15 minutes early everywhere we go and Mama C is always 2 days late.  Baby Huey and I usually arrive right on time as to not go out of our way to show any type of effort what-so-ever.  The theater we visit often is in a small town and there is hardly ever a line BUT the employees are so slow!  Once Mama C and I purchased our tickets, Baby Huey stepped up to buy his from the homely little ticket worker.  We assumed he was right behind us but I kid you not, Mama C had to go locate him and where might he be?  Chatting up the ticket girl! 

10 minutes late and he has no urgency to him at all! Big freakin’ surprise, naturally I’m cursing at him and dodging swats from Mama C all the way to our seats.

B mentioned she would bring beverages so again, NATURALLY, she pulls her opened bottle of wine and two cups out of her handbag and passes it my way. 


Mama C couldn’t decide if she was appalled or amused that we were NOT. AT. ALL. Concealing the fact that we were not about to watch this movie without some wine. This told me she did not want to partake so I decided handing her a cup wasn’t the best idea. Baby Huey isn’t so quick to catch on, 20 minutes later he “whispers” (B.H. and S. DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WHISPER!), “Mama C., do you smell alcohol?”  Mama C. replied, “it’s your sisters!!”  B.H. looked at us with disgust, per usual, and remained embarrassed for the remainder of the movie. Clearly, you’ve discovered by now that this was not a movie review, but, in case you were wondering, This Means War was wonderful and (DUH!) she picks Chris Pine, as if it were ever a competition.

-G

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to “return the favor”.
    I'm trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    My webpage: protein shake Recipes

    ReplyDelete