Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Get it right, get it tight.


Yesterday on the way home from work I joined a new gym.  I really liked my old gym or as much as I could like a gym anyway, but it was kinda out of my way and it was easier to make excuses not to go, like being too tired or hungry, mainly hungry.

  I pass my new gym on my way home from work everyday so hopefully I will start working out again.  Now I just need the motivation to go.  I had planned to go after work today, but I left work early due to the crazy snow we were getting so that is today's excuse.  I haven't thought of tomorrow's yet.

  I went ahead and paid three months in advance in hopes that will motivate me a little more to go and when I got home I watched my 600 lb life.  As much as I thought that would be motivation I think it made it worse, I all of a sudden felt slim.  I guess you win some, you lose some.


One thing that usually works for me to get motivated is if I get on Pinterest and pin a million fitness pins and people with rocking bods. Sometimes it works so good that I feel that I don't even need to work out anymore by the time I am done.  

What do y'all do to get motivated to get your work out on?

BTW my good friend B is all set up with a blog now and everyone should go check her out at  her blog Sunday Sweets!  She bakes a lot and is a great cook.  Her cake balls are one reason I have some extra vagiggle jaggle.


15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to go and workout with you! Let me know when they do Zumba! I want to try it out!! I will bring the cake bites to the gym, we can snack on them while we workout. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing really motivates me. I have to motivate myself. It's unfortunate.

    I watched my 600 lb life too. It made me sad. I was having hot cocoa at the time lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally looking at pics of myself in my 21 year old, tanned, bartending prime makes me feel bad enough about myself to go to the gym, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the onlt way I actually can make myself go is if i make plans to meet someone at the gym. otherwise i make an excuse EVERY time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know only that your title now has me singing my favorite song...I found you miss new bootie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on joining a new gym!! it's such a struggle for me to get in a gym ughh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I figured how many times I had to go a month for it to be paid for.. .$10= 10 times! And then I made a checklist! :) Or right now I just make sure I got twice a week.. that's all for now and then I'm gonna bump it up! Here's the checklist i use ;) http://3oh1gracest.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-letters.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new gym! Mine is literally 2 minutes or about a mile from my house, I have to pass it home from work and to work. Makes it SO easy to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually work out at home or go to yoga (I live above my studio) because otherwise there is no way in hell I'm driving somewhere. I also just try to keep going. Pinterest pictures make me so sad and hopeless so I don't work out - shows about big people make me feel skinny. Sigh. Jillian Michaels is my go-to workout vid. She is realllll encouraging, if not bitchy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get off my ass and start working out. Ugh!

    I'm having a super fun Oscar link-up tomorrow if you want to join in.

    http://www.handbagsandhandguns.com/2013/02/link-up-tomorrow-for-some-oscar-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that you used "vagiggle jaggle" in a real sentence had me rolling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ♫Booty, booty, booty, booty rockin' everywhere!♫
    Love that song. & it is now stuck in my head. Thanks! lol
    Anyway, I'm like you, Pinning motivational pictures (as long as they are realistic looking "goal" bodies/ body-types for me) or quotes and such.
    Good luck with your new gym! Hope having easier access will help keep your motivation up!

    I'm now gonna go listen to Bubba Sparxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look to Pinterest for motivation too. New clothes are also very motivating :) Love your blog! I'm now following you

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAY ,I LIKE YOUR BLOG :)
    FOLLOW BACK, IF YOU LIKE S .. NICE POST ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know and we can totally get to it :D

    http://lizziapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete